You make your monthly spa appointment for the fabulous skin-smoothing microdermabrasion treatment, then wait until your skin recovers to go back for a deep-penetrating chemical peel. Why not book a longer appointment and treat yourself (and your skin!) to more comprehensive results?
Stacking does exactly that! Stacking, aka layering or combining multiple facial treatments, in its simplest form provides your skin with a 2 or 3-step process to remove layers of dead skin and optimize penetration of healing serums and moisturizers.
Can my skin handle it?
That’s a great question to ask your dermatologist or aesthetician at your next visit to develop a stacked treatment plan specific to your skin type. In the end, however, the answer depends on the types of procedures used.
Most readily, non-invasive treatments such as microdermabrasion, micro-needling, dermaplaning, chemical peels and facial masks are gentle enough to use in conjunction with one another. More invasive treatments, such as lasers and IPLs, should be selected by those with the same amount of recovery time. For example, according to Tahoe Medical Spa, a MicroLaserPeel—which removes a thin outer layer of skin—could easily be combined with a Fractional Resurfacing—which penetrates into the deeper layers where collagen is produced—since both have an average 3-day recovery time.
Regardless of your skin type and treatment choices, here’s the top 5 reasons you should start stacking!
- Your skin gets a more thorough exfoliation and corrective ingredients can penetrate into the deeper layers more effectively for faster skin regeneration.
- Dual or triple treatments can target multiple skin conditions, such as rough texture, dehydration and hyperpigmentation, for more comprehensive results more quickly.
- A MicroPeel (microdermabrasion combined with a chemical peel) helps reverse thinning, sagging skin that comes naturally with aging by rebuilding collagen to maintain healthier, thicker skin.
- A triple-stack such as microdermabrasion, a chemical peel and an oxygen facial offers a three-fold improvement in tone, texture and skin complexion.
- Combining a resurfacing treatment, like dermaplaning, with an acne-specific treatment removes not only dead skin but fine vellus hairs that trap dirt and oil resulting in clearer skin with fewer breakouts.
Ultimately, by stacking your facial treatments and reaping the comprehensive benefits you will see quicker results for longer periods. And that means? Healthy skin that everyone will notice!